Rules and Eligibility
1. Applicants must establish basic eligibility by applying for a scholarship award and completing the UFCW LOCAL 99 SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS COMPETITION APPLICATION published in the 99Report.
Send it to:
UFCW Local 99
Attn: Scholarship Desk
2401 N. Central Ave., 2nd Floor Phoenix, AZ 85004.
2. The applicant must be a member or a child or spouse of a member.
3. The applicant must be at least a senior in high school to compete.
4. Eligibility requirements state that you must remain a member of Local 99 in continuous good standing through June 30. This means that the member on whose eligibility you applied cannot be suspended, take a withdrawal or transfer to another union local. Failure to comply through the eligibility requirements will disqualify you from competition as an applicant, finalist or winner.
5. Scores can only be used in Local 99's competition.
6. Fire, police and sheriff, etc. academy applicants and beauticians and electronics applicants may apply under the vocational category only.
7. An independent Scholarship Committee composed of leading citizens of the community will be responsible for the selection of a group of finalists, based on their examination scores. Finalists must submit additional information and appear before the committee for a personal interview. After the personal interviews, the committee will select the winners.
8. Collegiate awards are not restricted as to level of study.
9. Vocational awards are separate from college awards.
10. All awards are contingent upon the student being accepted by and registering at an accredited school.
11. Winners must be full-time students taking at least 12 units (undergraduate and vocational) or nine (graduate) for full-time awards and at least six units for part-time awards.
12. Decisions of the scholarship committee are final.
13. Applicants are not eligible if they previously received award monies.
14. Test scores from previous competitions are not acceptable in the current competition.
15. The scholarship committee reserves the right to adjust the award monies.
DOWNLOAD SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
|You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view documents attached to this page. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, click on this link to download it now.